Skiathos is a cosmopolitan island of North Aegean, which belongs to Sporades complex. It consists of lush vegetation, clear blue waters and beautiful beaches.
This island perfectly combines all the natural scenery with island architecture, intense nightlife and rich hospitality.
The picturesque town of Skiathos is the only settlement on the island and a modern cosmopolitan destination with excellent tourist infrastructure.
The enchanting settlement is full of paved footpaths and whitewashed tiled houses. In this area you will also meet a unique, picturesque harbor and the beautiful "Bourtzi".
Island’s top attractions
- The old house of the famous Greek Novelist, Alexandros Papadiamantis
- Bourtzi: The famous peninsula which divides the Skiathos port into two distinct parts
- The Medieval castle of the old town
In addition, some of the well-known beaches of Skiathos:
- Megali Ammos
- Vasilias Beach
- Achladies Beach
- Banana Beach
- Agia Eleni Beach
- Agia Paraskevi
Last but not least, don’t forget to visit Lalaria Beach – Considered as one of the most beautiful beaches in Greece, "Lalaria" beach got its name from the round white pebbles, called "lalaria", which cover the entire beach. Don't miss out visiting "Trypia Petra", a beautiful and rare geological phenomenon that exists in this area.
How to reach Skiathos Island
- By using speedboat or conventional ferry from the ports of Agios Konstantinos (Sterea Hellas), Mantoudion and Volos
- By using a conventional ship from the port of Thessaloniki during the summer season
- With the airplane from Athens and Thessaloniki Airport